Using your IP thermal camera providing a H264 or MJPEG flow (over a public internet IP), installed on the maritime site of your choice, you can evaluate the functions and performance of ASV Server and Argus over 24 hours online.
Simply fill in the form below. You will be sent the information (IP, user name and password) required for your remote connection so that you can see the results of detection and tracking using Argus, in real time.
You can then use the configuration of your choice to evaluate and test our products in situ without having to deploy the necessary servers. This service is provided over a 24-hour period, subject to the availability of the server (access limited to a maximum of one remote client at a time).
A user interface and alarm manager
The ASV-ARGUS module has been developed to provide a synthetic vision of :
- The Video feeds from cameras
- All the information from the ASV-DET detection module
- All the information from the ASV-SERVO control and command module
- The management of the alerts that are essential for securing a zone on a maritime surveillance system
ASV-ARGUS provides a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to use and can be set according to user requirements.
The operator has access to all of the necessary information to understand its surrounding maritime environment.
The main functionalities of ASV-ARGUS
- Display of video feed in real time from one or more cameras
- Presentation of track information on positioning, kinematic and characterisation in addition to target detection gained through ASV-DET module
- Management and setting of parameters for triggering alerts
- Implementation of effectors
- Distribution of the information to external systems
- Direct and immediate display of video feeds
- Simple, user-friendly interface
- Management of alerts
A module dedicated to automatic detection
Video analysis software have existed for several years and generally target land-based applications. They use simple processing techniques based on comparison of images or recognition of shapes in a fixed environment.
The sea is in constant motion, and techniques used in land-based applications therefore do not work. They create multiple, continuous, false detections or mask small objects and far-off targets that are often critical.
Result of eight years of research and development, ASV-DET is the software dedicated to automatic detection. It is based on a video analytics technology that takes into consideration the complexity of the marine environment. Indeed it provides an innovative solution to the complex problem of detecting a moving or fixed object (target) from a mobile platform (ship) in an environment in motion (sea).
Designed and developed by our teams, this new patented algorithmic approach reproduces the behaviour of the human eye strongly attracted by distinctive features present in a uniform landscape. It is based on a characterisation of the marine environment so that anomalies (objects to be detected) can be extracted.
The principal functionalities of the ASV-DET module
- Automatic detection and real-time tracking in each of the images provided
- Management of image flows from 0.5 Hz to 30 Hz
- Analysis of all types of images: thermal, infrared or visible imagery
- Compatibility with all types of cameras (fixed, PTZ, panoramic)
- Detection and tracking of objects:
- of very small size (from 2 pixels)
- up to sea state 5
- irrespectively of their shape and behaviour
- regardless of their kinematic behaviour (immobile, low speed or high speed (> 35 knots)
- Detection and tracking of up to several dozen objects (performance limited solely by the power of the processor associated with the software), with the ability to discriminate among various types of objects detected.
- Unique technology for detection in maritime environments
- Automatic detection from 2 pixels
- Camera ‘agnostic’, can be used with any type of IR or visible camera
Command and control of cameras
The ASV-SERVO software module has been developed to provide, after the initial detection, an instantaneous ability to identify targets and a first-level, non-lethal response capability.
ASV-SERVO provides the following:
- Control and command of a pan-tilt-zoom camera to provide the operator with an image, enabling rapid identification of the detected object;
- Control and command of a non-lethal effector (spotlight, acoustic device, water cannon, laser, etc.) to provide an immediate and automated first response following detection of an incident.
The ASV-SERVO module uses all types of tracks that has a standardised information of positioning. It is therefore able to use track information coming from the ASV-DET module, an ARPA radar, AIS (Automatic Information System) equipment, a sonar or direct input by an operator. To perform control and command of pan-tilt-zoom cameras or non-lethal effectors, it requests information from the manufacturer available from the interface control documents (ICD) for each equipment item.
ASV-SERVO is a valuable supplement to the ASV-DET module, but can also be used on a stand-alone basis to control cameras and to manage first-level response systems.
The principal functionalities of ASV-SERVO
- Control and command of one or several pan-tilt-zoom camera(s):
- In elevation and azimuth
- In the available video field (Day/IR) and zoom factor
- Control and command of one or more effectors with motion capability:
- In elevation and azimuth
- In operating mode and stop/start
- Control of the movements of a PTZ camera
- according to scanning criteria
- according to stop/stare criteria
- Automatic handover during target tracking using multi-cameras or multi-effectors configuration
- Operates with all types of PTZ cameras
- Operates with all types of effectors that can be controlled by a standard protocol.
- Facilitates identification of objects detected using any PTZ camera
- Provides an immediate response capability using a non-lethal effector
- Automated or manual user mode, intelligent handover